The municipality of San Miguel participates in the Argentina Project of the Regional Initiative for the Inclusive Recycling, a project of Latin American scope coordinated by Avina Foundation and co-executed along with Commitment Business for the Recycling.
In this context, the Municipality of San Miguel granted IPH a certificate for good practices of separation of waste, recognizing the good practices of separation of waste at source with the aim of improving the volume and quality of recyclable waste received in the municipal recycling plant, allowing the social inclusion of urban recuperators.
This certification implies the commitment of the organization to fight that in its dependencies proceed to:
• Separate waste in at least two fractions: dry and wet
• Have special containers well marked for each fraction of waste
• Have a collection space inside the establishment so that the recyclable waste is kept clean and dry until its selective collection
• Train, organize and communicate to staff about proper separation of waste
• To have a differentiated collection of the dry fraction that has as destination a deposit or center linked to the principles of recycling with social inclusion
• Carry out follow-up and monitoring actions to improve this type of practices and contribute to an integrated waste management of the institution
IPH. EVOLUTION AS AN ATTITUDE.